Date and Time in Berlin!

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Weekend!

Listening to : Beyond the Sea

Not that that really matters. Just if you wanted to know. I've had it stuck in my head for the entirety of the evening. So! Berlin! This weekend was really fun. AYUSA didn't do anything so I spent the time with my host family! It was great! On Saturday we awakened pretty early and went to Filmpark Babelsberg! It was about an hour with the train but it was totally worth it. There was a huge Star Trek exhibition and a ton of exhibits and such! It was really fun!

There was this XD movie theater where the audience got to go in and really experience the movie. We got laser guns too and could shoot monsters on the screen. They showed the top 5 from the theater at the end (they took pictures from afar.... like magic) and I was one of them! I got a ton of points! I felt really happy. It was a ton of fun.

After that we walked around some more and had a really great time. It was a really fun place to be. We saw the set from one of the most famous soap-operas from Germany, which was pretty dang cool. I had some German chicken nuggets - quite different! But really tasty! Some pictures are below.


Inside one of the shops at the Filmpark. I am really appreciating the bloody bear. I have a snake around my neck, in case you couldn't tell. Awesome. Awesome.


I can officially say I stood beside an Uruk-hai. And it was awesome. The Filmpark had such a diversity of things! I must say - though - that this picture is pretty epic. On the way back we sat next to some major weirdos on the train... but that's okay. Sometimes on the trains in Berlin musicians get on and play (for money, of course) but we heard one that was really good. I was super impressed.

So! Today! Sunday! I woke up reaaaally late (11:30) and then we rushed to catch the train to get on the river boat tour of Berlin. It all turned out well, though, and we made it with time to spare! I had a nutella crepe today... it was amazing. They gave me a fnife. Fork knife. It was so awesome. I've never seen one before but it was great. The crepe was also really tasty.

We bought our tickets then boarded this huuuge boat on the river Spree. It is a pretty awesome river, I have to say. The captain of the boat was this odd old man who was a caricature of a captain. It was really great. The boat tour was 1 hour long and it was beautiful. We got to see the old and the new parts of Berlin. At one point in the river there are white crosses symbolizing the deaths of the people who tried to flee East Germany by swimming across the river. Sadness.

After that bit of sadness it was all interesting things and fun! I had an audioguide that (thankfully) was in English so I didn't miss a thing! There were wee pauses between things it would say and they played Debussy.   And Mozart. Speaking of Mozart - there was a terrific group of 3 brass instruments on a bridge today who played Mozart beautifully! I was really happy!

When the river tour was over we went to a beach bar! The river doesn't have sandy beaches but all over Berlin they have created these little restaurant things with sand on the ground and palm trees where one can go and drink and be merry. It was SO HOT! I'm sunburned! But I don't really mind!


A picture of the man-made beach bar and my knees. It was really fun! I had a Coca-Cola Light and had a merry old time.


The river Spree! The water isn't very clean but I thought it would be silly and fun to take a picture of my shadow. Awesome time. Awesome weekend.

Not to mention that I spoke all German this weekend. Totally successful. It was great! All right! It's late and I must go to bed! Sorry for the delay this weekend! Goodnight!
Not that that is terribly important

No comments:

Post a Comment