This weekend was really busy. Once again I am writing really late at night... wah.
So, on Saturday I woke up really early and we went to the Berlin Hauptbahnhof. We took a 2-3 hour train ride and ended up at Warnemüde. It's a resort town by the Ostsee! It was very pretty! The train ride was pretty uneventful. We listened to a lot of music and played some intense tic-tac-toe.
We arrived at about 11 or 12 and then went shopping and to get lunch! Anna and I broke off from the main group (which split up) and went walking down the stores to find sunglasses, dresses, shirts, shoes and a bathing suit. We found it all! The prices weren't too bad, either.
We ended up going to lunch at this strange little shop which had a kind of old German feel. We ordered some pork with cheese and onions and potatoes and some Spezi - which is Coke with Fanta. It's pretty tasty but... really sweet.
Above is a picture of the Spezi. Little did we know that in ordering the drink we had ordered a bee death trap. Anna and I both dislike bees intensely but it seems as though wherever we go we are successfully stalked by at least one wasp. We were sitting outside (at first) and were plagued by a wasp for about five minutes before we asked to go inside.
After we moved inside we thought it would go away but then it returned, much to our horror! It flew into Anna's drink and fell in! We were both so horrified that in an act of pure spontaneity Anna clamped her wallet over the top of the glass. The wasp somehow managed to clamber out of the soda and latched itself onto her wallet. So... she tried to drown it. It didn't work out well for the wasp.
Eventually the waitress came and took the glass - with the wasp - and dumped it out in a bush. We don't know what happened to the poor little insect. The lunch was delicious!
After that exciting little adventure we went to the beach where we rented a Strandkorb - or a beach chair basket thing - and then went swimming. We spent about two hours on the actual beach. After that we went shopping yet again and I found an amazing cowboy hat.
This is the amazing cowboy hat. I didn't buy it. I think I like it, though! It makes my eyes look really blue and I must say the sparkly sequins really go with my personality (sarcasm).
While shopping we found this neato man who drew an amazing portrait of Anna and another who used some kind of airbrush to paint this tattoo on me. I really like it! It will last for about three days! I think it's pretty! On the train ride back we were rather bored and very tired and so the other girls asked me to draw tattoos on them. That was exciting!
On Sunday I slept in until 11 and then we went to visit some relatives of my host family. They were so nice! They only spoke German, though, and I was worried that my extremely American manners might upset them but I think that it all went well.
I had ice cream every day this weekend! Also every day this week, I would imagine...
In any case! All is well here in Berlin!
This is the hat which I bought at the Ostsee for winters in Utah. Pretty awesome, I think.
Goodnight!
No comments:
Post a Comment