Date and Time in Berlin!

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Dienstag


It's so late here in Germany. I'm so tired! My host sister left today for Oklahoma! Now at home I must try to speak only German. It's extraordinarily hard. I will no doubt dream in German tonight. Hopefully it won't be impossible to understand as it was last time. I think it will be better tonight.

I awakened this morning at the usual time and went to school in the usual way. There was but one difference. A major difference. A difference that made me smile widely and look like a loon all the way to school. At last it was sunny in Berlin. Tomorrow is predicted to be even nicer! I cannot wait! Somehow the sun makes everything seem better. I was reading up on culture shock last night and I think that might have been part of the problem yesterday. At first it's all exciting and wonderful and then a sort of apathy sets in. Then it's all good. I reached the all good stage today. It's fantastic. 

School was pretty fun, although I sat next to a really strange woman who kept asking to use my pencils and erasers although I could see hers on her desk. But that was all right. There were also a few concepts that I had a bit of trouble with but when I came home and talked about them with my host family I was able to understand them. We were given homework but my host family helped with it and I finished it pretty well! School today was pretty good.

After school Anna and Andrea (AYUSA students and my friends) met up with me and we walked home together. I had a currywurst! I've never had one before so it was really interesting! I liked it a lot. I also had Mezzo Mix - a mix of coca cola and fanta. Now THAT was interesting! One thing I love about Berlin is that everyone is allowed to be who they are, now. For instance, you can see gay couples just walking around holding each other's hands. I love that. Salt Lake is so... harsh. 

So, after I came home (I finally figured out how to use the key!) my host sister Justine and I went to the TV tower! It was amaaaazing! I took pictures, of course. After that we went to the store and then home. She went to Oklahoma today so I spent the rest of the day with my host mom. I spoke so much German. Writing this in English feels a bit weird, admittedly. I put some of the pictures I took below.


This was a picture I could not help but take. This is in a little supermarket and what is it? It's alcohol. Bottles upon bottles upon bottles of Alcohol. We definitely don't have anything like this in Salt Lake, huh?


BLUE SKYYYYY


Me walking to school. SO HAPPY that there was sun. I look tired but that's just because it's morning.

But, right now I am tired. So I'm going to go to bed. More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment