Well... it's pretty late here in Deutschland and I didn't do very much today so I probably won't write as much as I normally do.
I woke up extreeeeemely late today. The moment I should have been walking out of the apartment I was instead opening my eyes after having a rather terrifying nightmare about a man-eating pig. I know, I know, very odd. So after my pig dream I woke up, ran to the train station, and hopped on the train to school.
I was not late, thank goodness!!! I arrived at school with plenty of time to spare and all was good. After school I met up with the AYUSA kids and we decided to go shopping! The other's had to go home so only Anna, Andrea and I went. It was still tons of fun. We all have disastrous senses of direction here in Berlin so we did have a bit of trouble...
By a bit of trouble I mean that we spent over 2 hours trying to get to a place that was a little over 12 minutes away. We got there eventually and bought some nifty things. I got an opalescent (kind of) mother of pearlesque nail polish, lip gloss, and a book. The store put a gift in my bag, too! Why don't American stores do that? It's so friendly!
So here we are at the train station going the absolute WRONG direction. We were so far off... if you look at a map of Berlin (subway map - there are tons online) check out Alexanderplatz (where we started) and Potsdamer Platz (where we wanted to go). If you feel intrigued after that then feel free to look at where we actually went the first time around. Waaay down on the left of the map is a place called Potsdamer Hauptbahnhof. Yeah. Nice little mistake.
No sooner had we righted our direction than....
I realized I had forgotten my train ticket at home and had to buy a new one. So sad! This face pretty much says it all, I think. "Wow. I can't believe I did that... again." Kind of like breaking retainers or locking my keys in the car.
We shopped! Then we all went home and I did my homework, watched some good ol' German soap operas and the news and went to bed.
Guten Nacht!
No comments:
Post a Comment