Date and Time in Berlin!

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day 3 - AYUSA breakfast

Uwah! I am also really tired today. I didn't have any significant jet lag, surprisingly, although I did go to bed at about 7:30 last night. I was exhausted. I awakened today feeling much better, and then Justine and I went to an AYUSA breakfast. There are 10 study abroad students, six from the US, one from France, and three from Taiwan. I think it's great that there are so many different people. I am glad that we are going to an international school because then there will be even more that I can meet. It feels strange to me that back home it is almost two in the afternoon. It is almost ten in Berlin. This morning we took the German trains to the breakfast. I will be taking the German subway every day to school. I meet some AYUSA students about halfway to the school, and we will go together. At the AYUSA breakfast I had fruit and bread and crepes. It was really tasty, although I was surprised to see the exact measurements of the orange juice and such. It made me smile. They also brought out water in glass bottles, which none of us (the exchange students) expected. After breakfast Justine and I returned to the apartment to wait for my luggage. We rented a German movie from a little movie store and watched it with English subtitles (for which I was very grateful because I could understand the story even when it got complex) and then we left for dinner with Justine's mom. We had dinner at a Mexican restaurant, although I have not been really hungry since the flight. It was really tasty, though! At the end they brought us shots of some alcohol, so someone else drank mine and I had a non-alcoholic one.

In the end, my luggage did not arrive. So, Justine and I went to a German mall and Lufthanse, the airline, promised to pay me back 50 percent. I'm all right with that, although I seriously wish that I had my luggage!!!

I'm excited for school tomorrow! I hope it is lots of fun! I feel really awkward about speaking German but hopefully going to the school will change that.

Goodnight! Well, good afternoon America.

Liss

No comments:

Post a Comment